Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   To John Beaman & Nick Beale - Thank you!! (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=30872)

Ruy Horta 25th August 2012 12:41

To John Beaman & Nick Beale - Thank you!!

Gents, just a small thank you for your continued help and enthousiasm in keeping this forum ticking!!!

:bow:

veltro 25th August 2012 12:57

Re: To John Beaman & Nick Beale - Thank you!!

May I share your thoughts and feelings towards two great friends and researchers/authors? :bow:

S Sheflin 26th August 2012 03:24

Hello gentlemen,

I just want to add my two-cents-worth to your laudatory comments on John Beaman, Nick Beale, and I would like to add Ferdinando D'Amico: Always gentlemen, always at the spear point of learning, and the type of people to which any younger Luftwaffe researchers should aspire to be.

Steve Sheflin

drgondog 26th August 2012 04:00

I would second the thoughts - this is the most cordial collection of experts that I visit from time to time.

Regards,

Bill

ouidjat 26th August 2012 04:35

Hello Rui,

I totally concurr ...
But, just a thought; Is there a special event down there to share with us? Those thanks seem to me so sudden, with no links with what I did read those last days; did I miss something?

Nevertheless, as I said upper I totally agree in the general context so don't take my thoughts for bad, it's a fair post. Well ... I think; just my way to be.

Last; I did look in English-French dictionnary for "ticking" translation. I must admit I still don't hit the point.

Keep running like that Rui, John and Nick. I do appreciate. :)

Best regards, Franck.

ju55dk 26th August 2012 09:25

I totally agree with Ruy and Steve. Especially in the way this forum has developed into over the past year. It's now mostly about who shoot who down and who did'nt. And the endless quistions bout the fate of airmen based on the so called death cards. I would wish that those people used some of the sums spent on collecting to aquire the GQM reports either from Germany, England or the US, so we can get back to discuss all other aspects of the luftwaffe. So as long as John, Nick, Ferdinando and others stay here, I will also be around. Just my thoughts.

Junker

Andy Saunders 26th August 2012 23:26

Ruy

May I second your sentiments!

Andy

Marcel Hogenhuis 27th August 2012 13:51

Hello friends,

Ruy - who is running this forum as long as I can remember, more for us than his own interests - made a very personal and spontaneous public 'thank you' to two respected and wellknown contributors to the TOCH (and of course he might have thought of other people as well).

I am not only enjoying this gesture, knowing how many people start their frequent postings with 'need info about...' (I don't exclude myself), but a big 'Thank you' is a polite gesture as well, knowing how much info generously is given a few active researchers without receiving a proper acknowledgement.

I agree with Jörn (I often do!) that there are still lots of subjects which need further study and exchanges of thoughts rather than re-chewing old stuff over and over again. Bothering as that may be, we must also bring up some understanding for those who are new in this business, asking very basic questions.

Keep up the good work Ruy, we all owe you a big thank you for making it all possible and let us not forget Peter D. Evans with the Luftwaffe Experten Message Board, another respected forum for exchanges!

All the best, Marcel / Venlo