Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   General (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Moderation of posts (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=51668)

Christer Engdahl 29th July 2018 18:34

Moderation of posts

Why is moderation of posts from a long standing member suddenly necessary and how long does it take? Will this thread be subject to moderation?

Christer Engdahl 29th July 2018 18:43

Re: Moderation of posts

This new thread didn't need moderation. The reason for my question is that a comment that I tried to make in LRG Log In Blockage didn't appear but there was a message that approval from a moderator was needed. My post has yet to appear or a message to me from a moderator explaining why it wasn't approved.

Nick Beale 29th July 2018 23:45

As I have tried repeatedly to explain, the moderators don’t manage the software underlying the forum. It does sometimes throw up anomalies and I can only suggest that you report any you encounter via the “contact us” link at the bottom of the main screen.

John and I are just supposed keep the discussions civil and the spammers out, we don’t have the expertise to do tech support.

Christer Engdahl 30th July 2018 09:08

Well, since the message included "moderator approval", I sought a response from them. It's difficult for the general user to know what is a glitch and what is intended.

I understand your response as no moderator received a message of my post, right? Anyway, I'll try to make my comment once again and will see what happens and if needed, direct "technical support" to this thread.

EDITED: When I opened that thread to repost my message, my initial post had gone through moderation. Someone seems to have approved the post ... :confused: ... or gremlins are runnig the show.

Nick Beale 30th July 2018 14:57

Yes, I did approve your posts once you drew attention to them but I have no idea why that approval should needed in the first place. It just seems to happen on random threads, even for long-established members.

Christer Engdahl 31st July 2018 09:38

Okey, thanks!

BrianC 18th August 2018 12:31

Nick, John or whoever

This is my third request to be reinstated!

As a long-standing member I suddenly find that I am unable to access my many posts or to contact other members!

Please advise.

Brian Cull

Nick Beale 20th August 2018 16:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by BrianC (Post 256659)
Nick, John or whoever

This is my third request to be reinstated!

As a long-standing member I suddenly find that I am unable to access my many posts or to contact other members!

Please advise.

Brian Cull

Brian,

As I've said in response to many other posts, John and I don't control the technical side of the site. We have neither the administrator privileges or the knowledge, so I don't know what could have happened in your case. I assume you've tried the "contact us" button at the bottom of the screen but in case that didn't help, I'll send a PM to Ruy Horta.