Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Uffz Pähler Heinz 2./NJG1 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=50906)

Alain57 2nd April 2018 12:27

Uffz Pähler Heinz 2./NJG1

Hello ,

Can someone help me with the name off the bordfunker of Uffz Pähler Heinz in june 1942 ?

Thanks already

Alain57

Marcel Hogenhuis 4th April 2018 11:30

Re: Uffz Pähler Heinz 2./NJG1

Gefr. Lux

Rottler 4th April 2018 11:52

On 22 October 1943 Fw Pähler from 2./NJG 5 was shot down and killed. According to the Gen.Qu. loss report his Bf 110 G-4 WNr. 6103 was 100% damaged, crash location southwest of Lichtenau.
The Bordfunker/Radio Operator Uffz Artur/Arthur? Lux and the Bordschütze/Gunner Fw Lehn were wounded.

Leo

DR40eghs 5th April 2018 13:05

Dear readers,

some additional info to this "case" from the 2 related NVMs:
The crash location was Dahlheim (Approx 11 km E of Kassel/Center), according to the place of death of Fw. Pähler.

The aircraft code: C9+DK

(Bf) Uffz. Lux, Artur (* 21.2.1915, Gelsenkirchen) - slightly injured
(Bs) Fw. Lehn, August (* 3.3.1919, Niederselters/Limburg) - minor injuries, not reported in "Vordruck II" (NVM)

Lux went into mil. hospital at 26.11. in Stendal for injuries directly resulting from the "jump" at 22.11. (perhaps a broken ankle - very late discoverd ?).

Later, Fw. Lehn went MIA near Insterburg at 25.1.1945 (crew of Uffz. Heinz Streibel), still with 2./NJG 5.

Fw. Heinz Pähler (* 30.1.1916, Straßburg/Elsass) was transferred for funeral to his hometown Dortmund, there lived his wife - now widow.

Kind regards,
Uwe K.

P.S.: i wonder ... is there any additional internet costs in other German areas or other countries for writing "Hello" or "god bye, regards, etc" or any other terms of civilized communication? ;)

Marcel Hogenhuis 5th April 2018 23:18

Hello/hallo Uwe,

Good evening and thank you for the additional information ! It has been quite a long time ago that we had contact in TOCH. I remember however that you were a sportflyer ;)

As I do have copies of NVM's for NJG 1, 2, 3 and 4 but hardly of NJG 5, I was wondering if you could provide me with the Erk.Marke numbers of Pähler and Lux ? I could add these in my database of flying personel of the I./NJG 1, main operating nightfighter Gruppe on Fliegerhorst Venlo in WW-2.

Many thanks in advance! Best regards from Venlo,

Marcel Hogenhuis

DR40eghs 6th April 2018 01:33

Hi Marcel,

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marcel Hogenhuis (Post 250346)
I remember however that you were a sportflyer ;)

Oh, i'm still quite active (SLP. TMG and SEP). I enjoyed two hours accumulated flying time SEP in our "Remo" this monday (duty as towing pilot) - and looking forward to good weather over the next weekend (hopefully SPL). By the way: recently our club bought the 80 hp Dimona from the flying club in Leeuwarden/NL. Its now flying here as 'D-KCKC' - with new engine and new avionics .:D

The EM in question are:
- Pähler : 69038 / 12
- Lux : 60039 / 22
- Lehn : 2.ZG26 / 80 (from the NVM of his last flight, 25.1.45; Lehn, August Jakob )

It's late ... need some sleep.
Good night, Uwe K.

Marcel Hogenhuis 6th April 2018 10:35

Hello Uwe,

Good to hear that you are still flying and enjoy the forthcoming weekend! Thank you very much for the requested details, I try to fill in as many blanks as possible in my listing of I./NJG 1 flying personel, including dates of birth and death, Erk.Marke numbers, acknowledged victories etc. so your info is most welcome !

Warm greetings from Venlo, Marcel

Alain57 7th April 2018 07:23

Hello ,

Thank you all for the help.

Greetings
Alain57