Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Obituaries (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Alfred Price (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=47931)

Chris Goss 20th April 2017 19:32

Alfred Price

Just been told he passed 29 Jan 17. A great inspiration & mentor to me

Crimea River 20th April 2017 23:49

Re: Alfred Price

Very sad. I have many of Alfred's books and he will be missed.

kaki3152 21st April 2017 04:06

Damn,another of my favorite authors gone.I still have most of his books.

VtwinVince 22nd April 2017 03:58

RIP. I also have countless books by him.

Marcel Hogenhuis 22nd April 2017 10:43

Dear all,

Sad news indeed, may he rest in piece and stay a source of inspiration for the next generation of air war historians. Wasn't he knighted for his work Chris?

All the best, Marcel

Jukka Juutinen 22nd April 2017 16:22

His Spitfire Story is still the other cornerstone of all Spitfire book collections.

Dan History 22nd April 2017 21:15

Dr. Price was an excellent historian and good man, by all accounts. May he Rest in Peace.

Chris Goss 23rd April 2017 00:20

He was never knighted but got an honorary Dr if I am not much mistaken

Nick Beale 23rd April 2017 13:09

I never knew him but eagerly read his work and Battle Over The Reich was the first book I bought once I'd started work and could afford the £4. His writing style was also an inspiration for being at once highly readable and informative. Battle of Britain: The Hardest Day is a shining example for the way he sets the scene and then takes you to the heart of action.

Jim Oxley 24th April 2017 02:03

A great writer and historian. So sad. :(

Peter Cornwell 24th April 2017 15:48

Sad news indeed that must have surprised many within the aviation history community as his passing surely merited more publicity than it seemingly received. His unique literary style and the historical accuracy of his works will prove a lasting testament and continuing inspiration to an entire generation of aviation buffs like myself. I count myself privileged to have been invited to contribute to several of his projects over the years and to accompany him on research trips to Germany. His enthusiasm for his subject was infectious and his detailed technical knowledge unsurpassed. I have an enduring memory of us enjoying a simple luncheon of bratwurst & sauerkraut (what else?) in the shadow of Wurzburg Castle one summer when attending a KG76 reunion. God speed Alfred !

Alfred.MONZAT 25th April 2017 09:31

A great historian and writer. I first know him with his articles in Fana de l'Aviation. His one day studies were milestones.

Requiescat in pace.

Brian 27th April 2017 18:39

I've only just spotted this sad news.

We conversed several times by phone - one of life's gentlemen.

RIP

Brian