Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Axis airplanes captured by Allied troops on Klagenfurt airfield, Austria, 1945 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=5306)

edwest2 22nd August 2019 18:29

Re: Axis airplanes captured by Allied troops on Klagenfurt airfield, Austria, 1945

Has the old LEMB been archived somewhere? I mean for public access.

Ed

Kaiyan 22nd August 2019 20:05

Re: Axis airplanes captured by Allied troops on Klagenfurt airfield, Austria, 1945

I was able to login up to the middle of last year but not since then some pics I download when I was interested in a particular subject...

edwest2 22nd August 2019 20:32

Alright. That is good to know.

Ed

lumabe 23rd August 2019 10:36

Thank you very much Kaiyan.

It's clear FP2 didn't have yellow bands from LuftwaffenKommando4 and do you have informations about the four number it could have on the side after the croat cross, like on the croatian Do 17z2 ?

Best regards,
Lumabe

Kaiyan 23rd August 2019 16:15

Hi, Sorry I have very little info on this particular machine it was downloaded in order to eliminate it from another subject however their 3 more pics / artist impressions that may help you.
regards

ChrisMAg2 24th August 2019 03:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by edwest2 (Post 273545)
Has the old LEMB been archived somewhere? I mean for public access.

Ed

FYI!
LEMB until September 2014 is still accessable and online, but
a. as read only and
b. only for those who had registered until then. Without registration, only a start page is available. A new registration, general access is not possible and content has not been updated since 2014.

edwest2 24th August 2019 20:47

Thank you, Christian. I discovered that I could still log in.

Best,
Ed

lumabe 25th August 2019 11:24

1 Attachment(s)
Thank you Kaiyan for your profiles.

I have a question about another croatian airplane.
I think this is a Nardi FN 305 or 315. We can see the white and red chekerboard on the tail and overpainted in grey. Maybe this is a Nardi modified with a final edge different for the canopy. The tail is different too with a straight edge on the tail when the Nardi had a curved edge. Maybe the color of the plane is RLM 02.

Do you have any idea, please ?

Best regards,
Lumabe.

Tom Willis 25th August 2019 18:50

Hi - This is a Benes-Mraz Be51C - which was supplied to Croatian AF by the Germans

lumabe 26th August 2019 09:38

Thank you Tom,

The two models look very similar, exept Benez-Mraz had a fixed landing gear and Nardi a retractable landing gear.
It seems the Benes-Mraz Be51c at Klagenfurt had is national and individual marking painted over, maybe waiting germans marking ?

Best regards
Lumabe.

Tom Willis 26th August 2019 17:40

More likely the pilot - passenger/s were defecting (family group maybe?). I am only guessing but at this stage of the war it is more likely