Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Allied and Soviet Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=7)
-   -   ID of a Blenheim lost at Brussel-Evere (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=51704)

Bertrand H 3rd August 2018 21:51

ID of a Blenheim lost at Brussel-Evere

Hi

This Blenheim of n°53sqdn is given to be lost at Brussel-Evere

Attachment 16890

Does anybody know if the serial has surfaced ?

TIA

Bertrand

Martin Gleeson 3rd August 2018 23:26

Re: ID of a Blenheim lost at Brussel-Evere

Bertrand,

I believe the location is Metz aerodrome in France and that this Blenheim is either L4862 or P6916. I think I have seen a photo somewhere with both Blenheims in view but no serials unfortunately. Both were damaged on 10 May 1940, by bombing or running into a bomb crater and later abandoned.

If anyone has a clearer view of the serial it would be great to know for sure.

Regards,

Martin.

PMoz99 4th August 2018 04:23

Well, I tried to enhance the image and get a better idea of the serial. Unfortunately, with my meagre photoshop skills, the enhancement wasn't that much better.
From what I could see, it looks to begin with any of these (although I'll concede the image is so poor I wouldn't bet on any of them) -
F2, F4, F7, FZ, P2, P4, P7, PZ, T2, T4, T7, TZ, V2, V4, V7, VZ, Y2, Y4, Y7, YZ.
On my production info, only P4 or T2 fit with Blenheim IV. I would probably lean to P4.
I have no idea when they were produced, where they were allocated, or if it fits at all with the photo.
Peter

Bertrand H 4th August 2018 08:49

Thanks Peter and Martin for your detailed replies

I browsed the tons of tons of ebay pictures not put in the good directory and it seems that this one has a better "readable" serial

Is Peter able to decipher ?

TIA

Attachment 16894

Bertrand

Kaiyan 4th August 2018 08:57

I think this may be the aircraft in question all from old ebay
regards kaiyan

Bertrand H 4th August 2018 09:22

Thanks for this but this PZ-Z is lost at Vitry en Artois

Attachment 16899

Jean-Louis ROBA in Batailles Aériennes n°72 gives serial L9332 and lost on 10 may following Flak

Bertrand

PMoz99 4th August 2018 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand H (Post 255819)
Thanks Peter and Martin for your detailed replies

I browsed the tons of tons of ebay pictures not put in the good directory and it seems that this one has a better "readable" serial

Is Peter able to decipher ?

TIA

Attachment 16894

Bertrand

Sorry Bertrand. Even the simple act of me saving this new photo to the hard drive causes significant loss of quality. An expert might be able to explain why - I can't. Any enhancement I can do just doesn't help.
In Google Chrome, if you click on the photo to open it, and then click on it again when the mouse cursor is a hand, you can then hold down the control key on the keyboard and turn the mouse wheel to zoom in and out. That's the best I can offer on this one. You should be able to zoom to 500%.
To me, the numbers appear to be 4852, but the curl in what I would have expected to be the P is not visible. That doesn't mean to say it can't be P4852, but it would make L4852 an option.
Now, if you think it's 4892, then L is the only option I can see in my list.
It's a pity the photographer wasn't a few inches taller!
Peter

Martin Gleeson 4th August 2018 17:37

Bertrand, Peter

The photo (S-11600(4)) that Bertrand put up is much clearer to me when one looks at it from a certain distance. I am certain that is L4862.

Thanks to both of you for clarifying this.

Regards,

Martin.

Bertrand H 5th August 2018 07:59

Thanks for your help ; I definitely sign for the L4862.

Bertrand

Snautzer 28th July 2021 13:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bertrand H (Post 255822)
Thanks for this but this PZ-Z is lost at Vitry en Artois

Attachment 16899

Jean-Louis ROBA in Batailles Aériennes n°72 gives serial L9332 and lost on 10 may following Flak

Bertrand

https://www.ebay.de/itm/293368816267...gAAOSw4fhd0~gW

wreck of PZ-Z