Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Battle of Britain Combat Archive 5: 16 August - 17 August 1940 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=48378)

edwest2 15th June 2017 17:30

Battle of Britain Combat Archive 5: 16 August - 17 August 1940

Expected in July.

http://www.christian-schmidt.com/pro...oducts_id=9964

Usual disclaimer,
Ed

hucks216 22nd June 2017 17:38

Re: Battle of Britain Combat Archive 5: 16 August - 17 August 1940

Another interesting new release from Wingleader is a book along the lines of the Battle of Britain Combat Archive but focusing on Dunkirk. It is due for release in July and will have 192 pages.
Image taken from promotional email.

laurent14 22nd June 2017 18:49

Also from the same publisher, the expanded version of Theo Boiten's Nachtjagd war diaries looks very interesting. Unfortunately, no publication date at the moment.

Alfred.MONZAT 23rd June 2017 07:57

I bought the BoB Combat Archive but without much enjoyment, it's again BoB after all. But if they go on other subjects, that's very good news !

Dominik 23rd June 2017 09:23

As that period of the air war is one of my favourite (next is Africa and I'm starting into Burma) I try to buy the BoB archive as fast as possible. But the book about the Dunkirk is also must have. Gonna buy it for sure.

Bombphoon 4th July 2017 15:05

"I bought the BoB Combat Archive but without much enjoyment, it's again BoB after all"

*shakes head*...

Alfred.MONZAT 4th July 2017 15:21

Well I've read my share on the subject, it's probably the period covered by the most aviation book for WWII. I confirm I would like Simon W. Parry to work on other lesser know subject like his excellent book Intruders over Britain with the same depht but sadly lots of people prefer to read again and again on the BoB :(

John Vasco 6th July 2017 00:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alfred.MONZAT (Post 235919)
Well I've read my share on the subject, it's probably the period covered by the most aviation book for WWII. I confirm I would like Simon W. Parry to work on other lesser know subject like his excellent book Intruders over Britain with the same depht but sadly lots of people prefer to read again and again on the BoB :(

Well, it does depend on what you have read on the subject in the first place. Perhaps you could enlighten us on what you have read, and also why you don't particularly rate the 'Combat Archive' series...

Alfred.MONZAT 6th July 2017 08:54

It's maybe you who should enlighten me how I rate the Combat Archive serie, because I have told not much on this thread albeit praising it "depht".

Analasys of the text : It's not because I do not enjoy much something that I rate it bad, well quite the contrary in this case, the subject did no longer passionate me but I still buy (despite the high price of Wing Leader products) them because they are of outstanding quality, I particulary enjoy the maps and the arts which are rare on such publications.

And if you think I should read more about the BoB, you may be right I do not know as much as those who are stuck on this subject or who have studied it in depht but I just have an overdose on it and I prefer to read on other WWII aviation subjects.