Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32)
-   -   NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Pt. 1 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=2576)

Eric Larger 6th October 2005 09:42

Re: NEW BOOK - Fw 190 D Camouflage & Markings - Pt. 1

Hello

For the moment , nothing really is planned for a book on Ta 152 . As you know preparing such an issue is a project spread on several years . I have personnally , other project in mind regarding Luftwaffe , but let me time to elaborate them to reach the same level we achieve with the books on Fw 190D-9.

It is sure that there are similarities between camouflage and markings of Fw 190D-9 and Ta 152 ones , simply first because the machines were produced in the same factories at the same time .

The idea is nice , but first we will concentrate on Fw 190D-9 , and especially on volume II . JaPo will then decide what will be the next publications . Some others are being to be prepared , that is what I can say to you .

All the best

Eric Larger

Peter Kassak 6th October 2005 10:35

...and there have been a quite nice publication from JaPo on Ta 152...I think it was one of their first books;) Of course paper, color and photo quality was not so good, but info was nice in it...

peter:)

Eric Larger 6th October 2005 11:14

Yes Peter

You are right , it was a nice book and I think their first book , except the print quality , there were a lot interesting points in it , I do not speak about the text , as I do not read Czech .

It was the reason why I bought it as the book on Fw 190F too .

All the best

Eric Larger

jad 10th October 2005 10:24

The price according ModelImex (online shop) is 47 euros

Eric Larger 18th October 2005 14:28

Hello all of you

The book is now issued .

Eric Larger

Peter Kassak 18th October 2005 14:38

Congratulations ERIC!!!!

You made my Xmas;) family has some tip what to buy me:) hahah
But I believe I wont wait so long to see and read that book;)

once again congratulations and I beleive more will come after people open a read the book

Peter:)

John P Cooper 19th October 2005 03:15

Hummm must have - I have been waiting for this for some time now... I will have to search for a US reseller that has it in stock.

Thanks

JOhn

olefebvre 25th October 2005 15:12

I got the book !
It's definitely a must buy, it includes a bunch of color pictures including cockpit pictures. The profiles are very nice and along with ultra detailled profiles there are a lot of mini profiles a bit like the ones you could find in the Hikoki books, there are quite useful for gettting a general view of a camouflage or specific pattern.
The analysis seems very good but i haven't got time to check it thoroughly yet. A nice addition is of colors used by staffeln and a list of known 190D-9 losses.

A very good buy indeed, and i got it a fairly low price of 35 Euros !
I highly recommand it, impatiently waiting for the next opus :)

John P Cooper 25th October 2005 23:44

One book seller I know will have it here in the U.S. but the bookhave not arrived yet - a bit expensive here at $65. Maybe some other forum members can let me know if they are getting a better deal.

Cheers

Ruy Horta 27th October 2005 13:46

Added a dedicated sub-forum to cover Focke-Wulf Fw 190D Camouflage & Markings, by Japo Publications, with Eric Larger as its moderator.

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=32