Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Messerschmitt Bf 109T, Alfred Jakobi (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=51137)

PMoz99 7th June 2018 16:00

Re: Messerschmitt Bf 109T, Alfred Jakobi

Quote:

Originally Posted by John Beaman (Post 253016)
OK guys enough is enough. Take your personal feud off board or I will close this thread and ban each of you for 6 months.

Thank you for intervening again, John.
Just to be clear, are you saying if Hector makes another provocative post as he has at posts 21, 26, 30 and 32 in this thread, he will be banned for 6 months?
Peter

Nick Hector 7th June 2018 16:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMoz99 (Post 253050)
Just to be clear, are you saying if Hector makes another provocative post as he has at posts 21, 26, 30 and 32 in this thread, he will be banned for 6 months?
Peter

Dear Fitzmichael (you use my surname while cowering from behind an alias, I will make one up for you...)

Keep it up. It'll be all three of us...

knusel 7th June 2018 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by PMoz99 (Post 253050)
Peter

Good afternoon Mr John Beaman,

would you please tell me your opinion about Nick Hector's role in this thread ?
It is also important to me how you evaulate his use of words like "spam", "poo" and "parasite" against me.
Is this the style of the forum ?
I want to get this clarified and then return to the original topic.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

Nick Hector 7th June 2018 16:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by knusel (Post 253055)
Good afternoon Mr John Beaman,

would you please tell me your opinion about the abovementioned posts (21, 26, 30 and 32) ?
I want to get this clarified and then return to the original topic.

Thanks in advance,

Michael

In order that debate or criticism not be viewed as mere fighting, can I ask for clarification on some points?

1) If somebody is posting dodgy information from spurious sources is it not OK to call out the fact?
2) If somebody has time and again been pointed in the direction of decent sources by more experienced members but continues to quote sheer poo, is it not OK to call out the fact?

Before anyone jumps on the "you can't expect us all to be on the same level" bandwagon, I will concede the point: no, not everyone has access to archival material and interviews with veterans. But at the same time, are we expected to just stand there and take it when you attempt to talk down to us...? ...From the lofty heights of the ivory tower you have constructed out of Osprey Books cemented with random googlings.... Are we expected to stand there and watch others cop that?

3) Given that this is a forum for "everybody" and not "somebody's private personal agony-aunt panel"... If somebody is using the forum to only ever post question after question after question but never gives assistance to anyone else, is it not OK to call that out?

I respectfully seek your guidance, John. Because in 20 years on this forum, I have never seen anything like the current issues outlined in the points above and am gobsmacked that somebody actually finds them infinitely defensible...

What gives the forum a bad look....? The fact that we once had some eminent authors and researchers contribute to this forum but it is now a playground for novices who should be learning rather than dictating, listening rather than talking down to moderators....

Nick Hector 7th June 2018 16:49

For Post 21 - Please see Post 22
For post 26 - Please see Post 24 and 25

Posts 2, 28 and 32 are very pertinent.

Post 33 - lecturing me for pretending to be a moderator... ...while pretending to be a moderator.

knusel 7th June 2018 19:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brian (Post 253043)
Hi guys

I don't intend to become involved in this - only to say that over the past two or three years Michael has been most helpful to me. I owe him gratitude and much more.

I feel that it is unfair to expect we 'ordinary' researchers to have the expertise of the Moderators (and some others). I, too, ask many questions on the Forum simply because I don't have the knowledge. Isn't that the name of the game? That's how we learn. And I don't believe that I have been able to contribute much in return.

My humble opinion is that sometimes the Moderator experts are too harsh in their judgement of we lesser beings. We should all enjoy and benefit from what is available on an otherwise excellent Forum.

Cheers - and as Michael always says - have a nice day.

Brian

Good evening Brian,

thanks for your kind words.

We lost track of each other but from time to time I check the German amazon for new books of you.

Are you interested in Alfred Jakobi and rare Bf109 types, too ?

Have a nice evening,

Michael

knusel 24th June 2023 09:25

Good morning,

the Bf109T, Bf109C and Bf109A were the rarest Bf109 subtypes.
Jakobi seems to have been the Bf109T top scorer.
The Bf109A seems not to have scored at all.
Did the Bf109C?

Cheers,

Michael

VtwinVince 24th June 2023 18:10

I have no dog in this fight, but let me say that Michael has always been most polite and contributed some interesting information to this forum. Regarding who has legitimacy on matters pertaining to moderation, that is for the real moderator to decide.

Leo Etgen 24th June 2023 18:24

Messerschmitt Bf 109T, Alfred Jakobi

Hi guys

I've always read that the Bf 109 C-series did see some limited amount of combat in the Spanish Civil War but the author of this webpage suggests that may have not been so ... I very much doubt the type would have seen action anywhere else.

https://scwsig.wordpress.com/2019/10...iant-in-spain/

Horrido!

Leo

knusel 25th June 2023 10:58

Good morning Vince and Leo,

nice to hear from you.
This article is balanced and convincing. I'll note down the Bf109C as not having scored at all.

I wish you a pleasant Sunday,

Michael