Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   General (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=13)
-   -   Ebay picture searches. Why only Luftwaffe related intrest? (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=48908)

Snautzer 11th August 2017 12:41

Ebay picture searches. Why only Luftwaffe related intrest?

Asking myself this for a while now. On the other part of this of this board concerning allied stuff seldom a link is posted. Cant be all known i think

edNorth 12th August 2017 02:53

Re: Ebay picture searches. Why only Luftwaffe related intrest?

No, they just think nothing is unknown on Allied side :-)

Snautzer 12th August 2017 11:33

It that case i wont bother posting. What would be the point? :-} Everybody has seen pictures like this one.

kaki3152 14th August 2017 18:43

Lots of things are unknown on both sides of the war. Inadequate documents at the time, destruction of other documents after the war, and the death of most of the participants all have left may questions unanswered.

John Manrho 16th August 2017 22:48

Basically I think the reason is that this board, at least in the beginning, started more as a Luftwaffe board.....you can see that also on the number of postings.....so maybe less interest?

Chris Goss 20th August 2017 10:28

Furthermore there appears to be many more German photos compared to allied-every German appears to have had a camera. For example my father-in-law who was in the war from 14 Aug 40 to the end has precisely none

Snautzer 21st August 2017 16:05

That does not explain the lack of interest when pictures surfaces. On eBay uk almost no original pictures are to be found. On eBay usa enough. I would have thought that people would cherish new original (non goverment) findings, as is the case in things related to the Luftwaffe.

Germans seem to have enough film till mid 1942 after that the supply and pictures become less abonded .

Sussy9845 21st September 2017 11:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris Goss (Post 238444)
Furthermore there appears to be many more German photos compared to allied-every German appears to have had a camera. For example my father-in-law who was in the war from 14 Aug 40 to the end has precisely none

Also who the people taking pictures were. Allied soldiers would not be bringing cameras with them and anyone fleeing would not be taking a camera with them but anyone who was out of the calamity a bit might have more chances.