Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Horst Hannig eArticle Now Available (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=54784)

Andrew Arthy 23rd August 2019 13:03

Horst Hannig eArticle Now Available

Hi,

The Air War Publications team is very happy to announce the release of our latest eArticle, a biography of Horst Hannig, an ace who served with Jagdgeschwader 54 and Jagdgeschwader 2. It is available from this page.

Leo and Andrew have told Horst Hannig's story using a variety of primary and secondary sources, and the text is accompanied by fifteen photographs, two emblems, and two of Morten's excellent maps.

We hope you like what we have written about this little-known ace.

Regards,
Andrew & Morten
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com

Richard Aigner 23rd August 2019 21:21

Re: Horst Hannig eArticle Now Available

"It is available from this page"
Safari can not open this page because no secure link could be established.
so no joy.
Richard

edwest2 23rd August 2019 21:42

I just want to report that I was able to go to the page successfully.

Ed

Maciej Góralczyk 23rd August 2019 23:25

Me too.

One comment: the aircraft pictured on p.6 is actually a G-2 of 6./JG 54, not a Friedrich as stated in the caption.

Andrew Arthy 24th August 2019 03:06

Richard, thanks for letting us know about this issue. We're looking into it.

Maciej, thanks for the correction. I'll take the blame for that one - I'm definitely not a Bf 109 man! I hope you like the rest of the article.

Cheers,
Andrew A.
Air War Publications - www.airwarpublications.com/earticles

Morten Jessen 24th August 2019 09:37

Hej all

Thanks for your feedback on the Hannig article. Despite the misidentification of the Bf 109 (which I think is my mistake) I hope you like it. I will correct it tomorrow and email all customers with a fresh download link.

Maciej: thanks for providing specific feedback. Much appreciated!

Richard: Please try and click on the article on the front page of our web site. So far no one else have reported this issue. If you can still not enter the product page, please write an email to: morten @ airwarpublications.com … Safari issues is a little off topic for this web site ;0)

Have a nice weekend
Morten

Christer Bergström 26th August 2019 01:02

Great news! Your articles always hold the highest quality and can be warmly recommended.

Teresa Maria 25th December 2019 17:29

Thank you, I've just bought the article. Horst Hannig was a fascinating person (and another 'love interest' of mine, as Johannes very aptly puts it when I tell him I'm in love with still another fighter pilot). By the way, are you planning to publish a biography of my greatest love ever, Friedrich Rupp?

Andrew Arthy 26th December 2019 05:27

Hi Teresa,

I hope you enjoy the Horst Hannig article. At this point we have no plans on writing about Friedrich Rupp, but that might change in the future.

Cheers,
Andrew A.