Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Detailed loss records 1944 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=3249)

Andreas Brekken 19th November 2005 13:08

Detailed loss records 1944

Hi, guys.

I have been lucky to stumble across some 1944 loss records during my records search, and would like to have input from the rest of the people here with regards to know if more records of this kind is out there.

The records I have found are a folder containing the records of some 500 aircraft lost in the period October 1943 (about 28) and January through August 1944 (about 430)

The records are more detailed than the ordinary GenQu 6 Abt records, and contain among other things the engine number of the aircraft, which in my opinion makes a crash which involves one of these easier to identify (the engines are often more or less in one piece).

Information contained in the records are:

Aircraft type and subtype
Aircraft Werkenummer
Engine Werkenummer(n)
Unit
Day of the incident
Reason for the damage

In addition a lot of information with regards to the salvage operation for the aircraft.

It looks like the records are from a higher headquarter in the Bergebatallion system.

Have You guys seen or used this kind of documents earlier?

At least I have been able to add a few details to the loss database on I./JG 5, for aircraft damaged with no personnel injury involved!

Regards,
Andreas

John Manrho 19th November 2005 13:37

Re: Detailed loss records 1944

Andreas,

can you post a scanned example? Then we can have a look and see if these records are familiar.

Thanks,

John.

Marcel van Heijkop 19th November 2005 18:28

Any I/KG66 losses?

Hi Andreas,

Any I/KG66 losses among them? Is it in general possible to post which units it concerns?

Thanks for sharing this info and best regards,

Marcel van Heijkop

Charles Bavarois 19th November 2005 18:40

Andreas,

looks like this is the report "Flugzeuge, die vom Berg.Bat. V Focsani geborgen wurden" (A/c salvaged by Luftwaffen-savage-Battailion V Focsani). It coveres the action in Rumania and has a lot of infos on JG 53, JG 77, 10./JG 301,
NJG 6 and other units.

Or is it something completely different?

Carl

S Sheflin 19th November 2005 18:59

Dear Andres,

Is there any possibility that this data will be published? I am particularly interested in the aircraft Werknummern and Motornummern.

Steve Sheflin

Hans Nauta 19th November 2005 23:08

Hi Andreas,

Are these filed losses from the Eastern or Western Front or perhaps of a certain area like Scandinavia, Low Countries, France, etc?

I guess we're all very curious!

Regards,
Hans Nauta

Mikael Olrog 20th November 2005 09:36

Hi Andreas,

Judging from the previous replies to your post you got our mouths watering quite heavily :D by this possible Aladins Cave of information. So I stand in the que like the others with the same questions and hopes regarding your new findings...

/Mikael

Andreas Brekken 20th November 2005 20:16

Hi, Charles and all

Yes it is the report You mentioned Charles.

It covers the area of the Gen.d.Lw.i.Rumänien

But I am unsure Charles if the entire report is supposed to be connected to this unit only, as this heading is only on a few of the last pages.

Will post the findings as soon as I have typed them up

Regards,
Andreas