Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   The Second World War in General (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=28)
-   -   Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962? (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=61959)

TigerTimon 30th April 2022 16:36

Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
Today the 30th of April is the alleged death date of Adolf Hitler.
Recently I conversated with someone who really believe Hitler fled to Argentina. That person gave me a book written by the authors Simon Dunstan and Gerrard Williams. They did a thorough study and also believe the dictator fled to the South-American country.

Do you believe this conspiracy theory to be true? Why or why not?
Attached below is an extract of an interrogation report from the head of the German Armed Forces High Command (via Fold3):

http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/data:i...BJRU5ErkJggg==

Steve Coates 30th April 2022 18:21

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
Seriously - do you believe it?

TigerTimon 30th April 2022 23:07

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
No. There is too much cherry-picking of facts in this theory.

Steve Coates 1st May 2022 18:16

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
Completely agree. That Hitler died in 1945 has been proven beyond any reasonable doubt in my mind. I think you've more useful ways to spend your time.

AndyMa 2nd May 2022 14:07

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
I think the other thing is that so many people would have known that it is almost unthinkable that nobody would have broken ranks and spilled the beans at some point.
A bit like the (non)-Lunar landing conspiracy. It would have needed thousands of people to cover it up, none of whom has ever decided to make themselves rich by telling the true story.

FalkeEins 2nd May 2022 15:43

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
..but they did 'break ranks'..it's all in the Dunstan/Williams (fairy) tale. Perhaps the OP might like to read the article at the link. Author Williams even contacted me to point out one or two errors

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2011/1...er-distan.html

edwest2 2nd May 2022 21:06

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by AndyMa (Post 318976)
I think the other thing is that so many people would have known that it is almost unthinkable that nobody would have broken ranks and spilled the beans at some point.
A bit like the (non)-Lunar landing conspiracy. It would have needed thousands of people to cover it up, none of whom has ever decided to make themselves rich by telling the true story.

A popular fiction regarding things like this is that authors will automatically become rich when publishing such stories. After some decades in book publishing, I have acquired the numbers of books actually sold.
In most cases, a small number of authors make up the bulk of sales for established publishers. I have also seen numbers for one-off books. Again, getting rich, or doing well, is rare and usually not about subject
matter like this.

Nick Beale 6th May 2022 12:10

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by FalkeEins (Post 318978)
..but they did 'break ranks'..it's all in the Dunstan/Williams (fairy) tale. Perhaps the OP might like to read the article at the link. Author Williams even contacted me to point out one or two errors

http://falkeeins.blogspot.com/2011/1...er-distan.html

Was that the one where a Ju 52 landed on a street in Berlin (Hohenzollerndamm?) that was barely 2 metres wider than the aircraft's wingspan? And that plane then flew out to land in Magdeburg, despite the place having been in American hands for about two weeks? A lot of fiendish Nazi cunning in play there!

schnellmeyer 6th May 2022 15:44

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
I knew and met Otto Gunsche who was Hitler's adjutant and he was responsible for the burning of Hitler's and Eva's bodies. He told me that Hitler took his own life in the Bunker on April 30.

FalkeEins 6th May 2022 17:50

Re: Death of Hitler - 1945 or 1962?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Beale (Post 319046)
And that plane then flew out to land in Magdeburg, despite the place having been in American hands for about two weeks? A lot of fiendish Nazi cunning in play there!

indeed! pilot was that well-known 122-victory ace Hptm. Peter Baumgart..
but rather than waste all this forum space, here's a book recommendation, Volker Ulrich's " Eight Days in May", the story of the eight days under a new Führer, Admiral Dönitz. No Luftwaffe content, despite the fact that a lot was still happening in the air..II./JG 6 Doras were still flying sorties on May 5 according to the logbook extracts in that Jet & Prop article about the Gefechtsverband Rudel (IIRC)

https://www.penguin.co.uk/books/319/...241467268.html


All times are GMT +2. The time now is 04:06.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2022, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ©2004 - 2018, 12oclockhigh.net