Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Luftwaffe Personnel spying for Allies? (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=5668)

RodM 23rd August 2006 08:00

Re: Luftwaffe Personnel spying for Allies?

Hi Nick,

thanks for the info. The online catalogue only showed the date range for this file (as least a year ago) as being "1945" so when I requested docs from Jan-Mar I was told that there were no such docs on file!

Now I can put in another request for Apr...

Cheers

Rod

Andreas Brekken 23rd August 2006 09:35

Good luck, Dennis!!

I know the feeling you describe, and the first few visits to the Bundesarchiv was a tough struggle not to ask for files that were a bit off the current topic but were extremely tempting (especially with regards to the description in the Findbuch) to look at!

I will ask Francis about the radio intercepts.

Regards,
Andreas

Schenck 23rd August 2006 09:47

I've just started sifting through HW5 series on my two previous visits to NA and it is going to be a long trip considering the amount of material. It is quite an improvent on DEFE3 as well, not only it is more eye friendly than bloody microfilms, but it also fill some of the gaps on top of DEFE3 material.
I still didn't catch the meaning of those B% and C% signs, I suppose they are placed instead of missing digits, but sometimes they turn up where you don't expect them. I also noticed map references in form 'letter letter digit letter', I am not sure I've sen them before

Nick Beale 23rd August 2006 11:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by Schenck
I still didn't catch the meaning of those B% and C% signs

They are the equivalent to DEFE3's "strong indications" and "fair indications" respectively, showing a degree of uncertainty about the digit, letter or word that follows.

Dennis Peschier 23rd August 2006 22:10

Hello Nick, Andreas an Schenk,
Thank you all for your input!

Nick;
I had AIR 40/2375 on my list as a possible candindate, thank you for the confirmation.
For now I will focus on;
AIR 14/3378 Interception and tactics: night and day reports 1945 Jan.- May
AIR 14/3745 Interception and Tactics Vol. VIII 1945 Jan.- May
AIR 22/503 Air Ministry W/T Intelligence Service Daily Summaries: nos. 1948-2076 Vol.28 1945 Jan.-May
AIR 40/2375 RAF signal intelligence reports 1945

Andreas;
I'm glad to hear that I'm not the only one suffering from these symptoms:D
Till now I have been aprehesive to go to Freiburg, my Deutsch is not verry good.

Dennis