Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   the FW190 D9 JV44 slogans (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=51834)

adler1 16th August 2018 20:08

the FW190 D9 JV44 slogans

HI,
I'm looking for the large slogans written on the fuselage below the cockpit hatch in german with their respective numbers and a plus would be the name of the pilot flying the aircraft .
cheers

PMoz99 17th August 2018 06:32

Re: the FW190 D9 JV44 slogans

you can find profiles for several of them here -

http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/456/2

Peter

Leo Etgen 17th August 2018 23:42

The Fw 190 D-9 JV 44 slogans

Hello

According to The Focke-Wulf Fw 190 Dora Volume 2 by Jerry Crandall the known aircraft of the Sachsenberg Schwarm were:

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 1" (W.Nr. 600 424) flown by Leutnant Heinz Sachsenberg "Verkaaft's mei Gwand, I foahr in himmel!"
Fw 190 D-9 "Red 13" (W.Nr. 213 240) flown by Oberleutnant Klaus Faber "Rein Muss er, und wenn wir beide weinen!"
Fw 190 D-9 "Red 3" (W.Nr. 600 565) flown by Hauptmann Waldemar Wübke "Im Auftrage der Reichsbahn"
Fw 190 D-11 "Red 4" (W.Nr 170 933) [possible] flown by Leutnant Karl-Heinz Hofmann (possible) "Der nachste Herr dieselbe Dame!"

I hope this helps.

Leo

David E. Brown 18th August 2018 01:46

To add to Leo's list, here are a number of partial views of the fifth machine - Red 2 - an Fw 190 D-11 found at Bad Aibling in May 1945. It was probably associated with the Verband Flugzeugführerschule General der Jagdflieger (VFS GdJ), and if so would have originally been coded "White > 5_?" or "White > 6_?" per other known VFS GdJ D-11s.

There have been rumours that it had the slogan "Elephants Work the Landing Zone", or, "In with Sack and Flute". To date, no photo is known / published showing the port side cockpit area where this inscription (and crest) would be located. Hope springs eternal...

Cheers,

David

Maciej Góralczyk 18th August 2018 02:28

David, seems you forgot to attach something?

Regarding the slogan on 'Red 2', who knows what future brings...just recently we got a photo that gave a better look at the slogan on 'Red 3', revealing that the artwork differs here and there from how it had been depicted in various publications thus far.

Broncazonk 18th August 2018 03:57

The FW190 D9 JV44 slogans

If I'm not mistaken all of these are humorous idioms. So a straight translation from German to English will make no sense whatsoever. Would anyone care to translate the meanings of these idioms into English--that is, tell us what they actually mean?

Bronc

sidney 18th August 2018 11:40

Let me try.

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 1" (W.Nr. 600 424) flown by Leutnant Heinz Sachsenberg "Verkaaft's mei Gwand, I foahr in himmel!" This I understand is written in slang. "Sell my stuff, for I travel to heaven!".

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 13" (W.Nr. 213 240) flown by Oberleutnant Klaus Faber "Rein Muss er, und wenn wir beide weinen!" This one I understand is having some carnal connotations. "In it must go, even if we both moan!"

Fw 190 D-9 "Red 3" (W.Nr. 600 565) flown by Hauptmann Waldemar Wübke "Im Auftrage der Reichsbahn" This one can be dated back to the year 1940. A number of interpretations. It might have been a reference to using fighter aircraft as fighter-bombers.

Fw 190 D-11 "Red 4" (W.Nr 170 933) [possible] flown by Leutnant Karl-Heinz Hofmann (possible) "Der nächste Herr, dieselbe Dame!" This one might also have some carnal connotations. "The next man, the same lady!"

Other members may correct me on any of the above if necessary.

Regards,
Sinisa

Nick Beale 18th August 2018 12:51

"Im Auftrage der Reichsbahn" was, as far as I know, a standard/officlal phrase for "On State Railways Business". Either Galland's or Steinhoff's book — can't remember which — claimed that it was because Wübke had been shot down a number of times in his career and returned to his unit by train.

Horst Weber 18th August 2018 13:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nick Beale (Post 256660)
"Im Auftrage der Reichsbahn" was, as far as I know, a standard/officlal phrase for "On State Railways Business". Either Galland's or Steinhoff's book — can't remember which — claimed that it was because Wübke had been shot down a number of times in his career and returned to his unit by train.

In the first decades of the 20th century, the German rail net became a state-own (Staatseigentum) status. This Organisation had the name "Reichsbahn" as well as the German mail was the "Reichspost".

By a well working economy, sometimes originated transportation to the Reichsbahn were given to private transportation companies, which then delivered the goods "Im Auftrag der Reichsbahn". This was in a kind joked by the phrases without any political meaning. It just sounds good.

Horst Weber

Jerry Crandall 18th August 2018 18:47

Greetings,
I'm working on new updates on JV 44 Doras and have discovered the pilot of "Red 2", the D-11 found at Bad Aibling. More on this later.

Regarding Hptm. Waldemar Wübke's slogan on "Red 3"; the meaning of "By Order of the State Railway" refers to his sarcastic criticism of flying Jabo missions when he was assigned to 9./JG 54. In his mind he was a fighter pilot not a bomber pilot. This slogan was labeled on railroad cars that transported bombs. This was verified by Hans Ekkehard-Bob who was a close friend of Wübke's.
Cheers, Jerry