Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Books and Magazines (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jagdgeschwader 3 - Eastern Front 1941 (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=50813)

azapf1972 22nd March 2018 08:55

Jagdgeschwader 3 - Eastern Front 1941

Gentlefolks,

I wanted to make everyone aware of the availability of an article that I wrote for a German magazine a while ago. Obviously, the German language and the local publishing somewhat "reduced its reach" and I was limited in the number or words and images I could supply with it.

To make that long story short - here is a "test balloon": I translated the article into English, extended it and added more photos and maps. I am not sure yet if it is worth the effort but I am happy to receive feedback - it goes via amazon and if you are a Kindle Unlimited user, it's free for you.

More details here - let's see how this approach works for everyone.

Kind regards,
Andreas

PS: the book "Mosquitos über Berlin" is now in print, availability should be around the second half of April. Unfortunately for most of you, this is written in German but I thought I'd still give you an update.

leonventer 23rd March 2018 02:56

Re: Jagdgeschwader 3 - Eastern Front 1941

I value the research and information in publications like this. Here's the review I posted on the Luftwaffe Research Group site. Since not everyone frequents both sites, I figured I'd post it here too.

Leon Venter

================================================== ======

Hi Andreas,

Thanks for the excellent article!

It's enjoyable reading and very well researched, providing many details about the operations and movements of JG3 and JG51, as well as useful insights into the nature of Operation Barbarossa and the conditions. Your use of the diary as the basis for the narrative works really well, because it emphasizes the human elements that are often lost in such accounts. I found them very interesting. I appreciated the maps and the listing of sources, and I thought the photos helped set the scenes nicely.

It was super convenient as a Kindle purchase on Amazon, and an outstanding value. Highly recommended - hope to see more like this!

Regards,
Leon Venter

(Disclaimer: I don't know Andreas Zapf from Adam. I just like the stuff he produces.)

Jukka Juutinen 23rd March 2018 18:07

How about offering such articles to e.g. The Aviation Historian?

azapf1972 23rd March 2018 20:22

Dear Jukka,

this article (although in German) has been published via a magazine - having it up "by myself" is the whole point of not going via a magazine for the obvious reasons I stated: a) size, b) number of images, c) coordination with the publisher...

It might sound harsh towards the publishers but "reach" is the goal and that is not in magazines...

Andreas

edwest2 23rd March 2018 23:56

Reach is the goal. I encourage you and others to continue to get this reach.

Best,
Ed

Jukka Juutinen 25th March 2018 21:38

I don't have Kindle. Never will.

azapf1972 25th March 2018 22:25

You don't need a physical Kindle - if you are using a tablet, there is a Kindle app for both Android and Apple. There also is a Kindle for PC. All you need is an amazon account, the apps are free...

But then, nobody is ever forced to own a Kindle or Kindle content...

Andreas

FFisch 26th March 2018 15:34

Great!