Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum

Luftwaffe and Allied Air Forces Discussion Forum (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/index.php)
-   Luftwaffe and Axis Air Forces (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Stab NJG3 - DA+FA (?) went down 31.12.1944 over Belgium (http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=127)

Anonymous 5th January 2005 02:23

Stab NJG3 - DA+FA (?) went down 31.12.1944 over Belgium

Hello everyone,

does anyone know more about the crash of a NJG3 aircraft (call sign DA+FA) during the night of December 31st 1944 near Wandre, Liege(Luettich)?

The crew were Ofw. Martin Kramer, Obltt. Wolfgang Fuchs and Gefr. Prinz Heinrich.

I got the call sign & names of the crew from a source I trust but would be very grateful for any additional information or at least confirmation of the above. Any references/sources I could look up would be much appreciated... I am especially interested in information concerning Obltt. Wolfgang Fuchs. I can't find anything on the net (I found Ofw. Kramer in German claims lists). I know he must have flown at least 20 missions (I have a picture of him wearing the Bronze Fernnachtjaegerspange & pilot wings). So if anyone has any info about him, his unit, type of aircraft, missions etc..., please let me know.

Thanks a million,

Michael

Jan Bobek 5th January 2005 15:28

From Volksbund:

Nachname: Fuchs
Vorname: Wolfgang
Dienstgrad: Oberleutnant
Geburtsdatum: 12.09.1919
Geburtsort: München
Todes-/Vermisstendatum: 31.12.1944
Todesort: im Raum Wandre nordöstl.Lüttich

Wolfgang Fuchs ruht auf der Kriegsgräberstätte in Lommel (Belgien) .
Endgrablage: Block 59 Grab 505

Further information should be available in Bundesarchiv Aachen and WASt Deutsche Dienstelle.

I found nothing about Martin Kramer and "Prinz Heinrich", he might be actually Heinrich Prinz.

John Manrho 5th January 2005 23:11

Oblt. Wolfgang Fuchs

Well, this sound familiar....I saw a posting concerning Oblt. Wolfgang Fuchs before on the LEMB from a "mfoerster" are you the same guy?

Details of a/c and crew are;

31.12.44/1.1.45, Ju 88G-6, WNr. 620551, D5+FA, Stab NJG 3.
Pilot Ofw. Martin Kramer, *21.11.1916 (Lommel Bl.59, Gr.513)
Bordmechinker Ogfr. Heinrich Prinz, *24.01.25 (Lommel Bl.59, Gr.514)
Bordfunker Oblt. Wolfgang Fuchs, *12.09.19 (Lommel Bl.59, Gr. 505)

Aircraft crashed near Souverain, 2 km East Liege. Crew was buried on 4.1.45 on US cemetery Fosse as unknowns. Reburial in Lommel as unknowns. Kramer and Prinz were identified by german researcher Heinz Jirousek in 1990. I could identify the grave of Oblt. Fuchs in 1997, confirmed by WASt on November 19th, 1997. If you want to know more, please e-mail me at jmanrho@wxs.nl

Anonymous 7th January 2005 17:14

Martin Kramer

Hi, saw your post about the crash, my friend actually has Martin Kramer's Honor Goblet. I was searching for info about Martin Kramer and found your post. Do you have any other info on Kramer? We're looking to sell the goblet and figure the more info I get, the more I can get for the goblet. Please feel free to reply back to me at tom@brightcomgroup.com. Any info you have is greatly appreciated. Thanks!

John Manrho 7th January 2005 19:34

I have no info on Ofw. Kramer. Sorry.

mfoerster 8th January 2005 11:49

Hi all,

thanks for the great response...

I've sent an email to John and hope to get answers to most of my remaining questions soon.

So thanks again for your help Jan & John.

Cheers,
Michael