View Single Post
Old 23rd March 2010, 21:25

oquaig is on a distinguished road
Re: Where is Prichon air field base of II/skg 210 10 August 1941 ?

Hello again,

The list you gave John is interesting as it shows II/SKG210 moving back to Briyansk in December 1941. That's new, thanks.
As for my source on "Orel-West" that is all it says. Finding out that II/SKG210 is at Ct. Нарышкино is all the more interesting. Thanks again Evgeny, I am looking forward to your book no matter what language its printed in.
I see no air field trace in the photos for Naryshkino as well as Prikon and Malitino. That is why I appreciate your input. I am gaining the impression that the Luftwaffe improvised a lot of their air fields as they went forward. Was Naryshkino also a VVS base? As for Boyari (Bojary, Boyary) air field, yes I am aware the are 20 plus Bojary's in Belarus and I am not so sure of my choice of locations, but sometimes throwing out suggestions like this brings a lot of interesting feed back. As an educated guess I pick the stated location because it is west of Minsk, assuming that II/SKG210 was moving forward behind Panzer Group 2. Bojary is very close to Priyamino (Приямино) where the 169th FAR was based the last week of June 1941. Other Luftwaffe units were based at Dokudovo and just by coincidence there a Dokudovo a few km to the NE, but again there is more than one Dokudovo in Belarus. My mind is open on this, so I will press "Submit Reply" and see what happens next.

Thanks again
Oquaig