View Single Post
Old 18th January 2005, 15:44

Csaba B. Stenge is on a distinguished road
Luftwaffe im Focus#6

Well, I must share with you my bad experiences regarding that magazine.

I sent a short bio regarding a Hungarian pilot to the Luftwaffe im Focus. They re-write it and published some wrong statements under my name. If the staff have some comments, it's a basic thing to inform the author and writing their comments separable. Instead of this, they published their wrong statements under my name.
I tried to clear this situation aftwer I read the published material, but they do not answering - as usual -, that's why I am posting my opinion here, in public.

Vargha Lajos' squadron lost 3 pilots and planes during that battle with the P-51's of the 325th FG on 14 March, 1945. The other squadron, the 102/1. lost one pilot and plane (this one collided with a wire, was not shot down). The 7 lost planes in a combat against the P-51's is a totally wrong info (it's the biggest, but the text contains some others, which were made by them, not by me).

BTW I sent some other stuffs to them also, but never again.

Unfortunately, I must say: it's not a serious magazine (if they re-write my materials, the'll do it with others also) and I do not recommend it as a source to anyone.