View Single Post
Old 4th September 2005, 12:25

screamin66 is on a distinguished road
Question Major Franz Eisenach 3./JG 54 & I./JG 54

I used to post on the old board. Have been in Iraq for 7 months & was in Korea for a month before that so I've been busy. Have been researching Major Franz Eisenach for a few years. My mother's family name is Eisenach & I first learned of Franz after training in Grafenwoehr, Germany. With the help of others I was able to assemble Franz's victory list. I know he passed away when I was in Germany in 1998. What I have been trying to figure out with no luck is who he flew with in 3./JG 54 & I./JG 54. Are any of these pilots still alive? I have seen color profiles of his plane, but no pictures. I have been able to gather several pictures of Franz, but always interested in more. I know he was out of action from late 1943 until mid-1944, but I think he was wounded two other times. Did he have a brother that was also in JG 54 at one time? I think he was married, but did he have any children? If so, are they still alive? I would like to be able to do more research when I get out of the army in 4 years. I have been helped in the past by a German friend who passed away, and have had no luck since then. This is purely part of family research, and I have also been studying the Kleinheinz from Wildflecken in the world wars. SL