View Single Post
Old 14th May 2014, 21:45
Dawn Patrol

Honor Goblet name research help needed.

Hi guys, just found this interesting forum and thought there might be a chance someone would be able to help me research the name on an Ehrenpokal I have had in my collection since 1988. This came from the nephew of the vet who brought it back in 45. The name is:Oberfeldwebel Walter Siegmund. Date of action for the award is: AM 16.11.42. I have found some bits of information on this name as follows: Feb. 1939 attached to Kampfgruppe K/88 in Spain. Flying JU 52. Listed as Unteroffizier Walter Siegmund, flight engineer. Condor Legion? Then on this forum some time ago someone IDed a crash site photo in Holland with the following information: "Sep. 26, 1940 Stabsstaffel K/63 Donier Do 17Z-3 (2591). Lost bearings on return over England. Abandoned plane near Maastricht. BM Feldwebel Walter Siegmund bailed out, slightly injuring left knee. Admitted to a hospital in Antwerp." This is the only time I have found this name in records online. I checked and he is not on the KC lists. Not sure about German Cross award. Maybe the date is a clue. Probably beyond chance to find a photograph of him but hoping to at least find out what the award was for. Thanks for any thoughts. The other items shown are not Siegmunds. Just a display.

Last edited by Dawn Patrol; 15th May 2014 at 19:49.