Thread: Heinkel He 51
View Single Post
Old 10th November 2014, 22:28

sidney is on a distinguished road
Re: Heinkel He 51

I would like to clarify that there was no disagreement between us on the He 51 aircraft model in this thread http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=39584 . I certainly did not dismiss your opinion, or disputed your expertise - I merely stated that it differs from the He 51 info that I found in Prien, Stemmer and others book JFV der Deutschen Luftwaffe 1934-45, Teil I, which I generally take as the primary reference.

The aforementioned thread focused on the emblem sported on the He 51 aircraft of an unidentified unit (possibly I./136). When I returned home from work, I could not believe that the thread degenerated the way it did. It appears that some members even took a pleasure in the way the discussion derailed. The thread's closure was thus the right and only thing to do.

Thank you for your assessment on the I./136, it is much appreciated. I trust that your thread on the He 51 will fare far better than mine. It is an interesting, often neglected part of the pre-WW2 Luftwaffe history and I certainly look forward to learning more on it.

Regards,
Sinisa