View Single Post
Old 10th April 2006, 22:31
Alter Hase

Pilot is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Death of Hptm. Joachim Kirschner IV./JG 27

Forget to give direct answer... in the autumn 1992 I have search for some documents in the Military Archive in Belgrade and in the section for German documents I have found few documents where the Kirschner was mentioned. But there was no document of his death. Also I have view some of the public released archive documents from 27. division NOVJ and there I did not see any data about the Kirschner. Unfortunately I did not finish review of Grauner reports for south east, where in day by day was reported situation in Yugoslavia. I stoped in summer 1943.

For sure there have to make some deep serch in the documents NOVJ for finding of some valuable info. Only document which mentioned Kirschner death is released in Berlin and this was noted in previous post.

That's why all data coming from personal testimony. War in Yugoslavia was cruel and extreme. In Yugoslavia Germans have a rule to kill one hundred of Yugoslav's in reward for one killed German and for one wounded they shoot 50. And they realy did this. And no matter of this circumstances there was no any info that there was plan to kill Kirschner. He was kill in panic. German also killed in panic a lot of prisoner. And burn a lot of documents.
Owner: www.sreckobradic.com
Owner: www.warplanes-zine.com
Email: srecko.warplane@gmail.com
Facebook http://www.facebook.com/pages/LetLet...s/308234397758