View Single Post
Old 15th March 2016, 16:37

srob48 is on a distinguished road
Re: KG77, 18th September 1940

Thank you Peter for your replies and the information on the original burial places. Sadly, I do not know the exact grave number for Uffz. Treutmann. A letter to the Dienstelle in Germany might shed some light? While I can understand the reinterment of most (certainly not all) Geman airmen after the war, it has now made it harder to identify any 'unknown' as to their present grave at Cannock Chase. That's why I was wondering, if we know where they were originally buried, is it not possible to work out the burial order at Cannock Chase? ie. Surely all the burials at (for instance) Southend-on-Sea Sutton road Cemetery, were reburied together at Cannock Chase: 1-4-111, 1-4-112, 1-4-114 etc. So if there was an unknown buried at Southend-on-Sea, and there maybe a unknown buried in plot 1-4-113 (for example), would it not follow that this is the same unknown?
There is nothing more I would like to do with my research, than to help in the identification of an Unknown German Airmen. And with the amount of information that members on this site have, I would like to think it is possible.

Last edited by srob48; 16th March 2016 at 15:46.