View Single Post
Old 14th April 2006, 18:50
Alter Hase

Evgeny Velichko is on a distinguished road
Re: Boris Nikolayevich Yeremin's last victories

Hi all!

Unfortunatly, I gave that boock > one of mine friends. If I will have a time, I’ll get it back & post here correct plases & datas of kills.

In his book there is no datas. Just “Once…”

Sign on the fuselage of that Yak-3 (BTW that was one of the first Yak-3’s in VVS at that time, it came in army mainly at autumn 1944):

«От Ферапонта Петровича Головатого 2-й самолет. На окончательный разгром врага!»
“2nd fighter from Ferapont Petrovich Golovatyj. For the finish of enemy!”

This translation is not “word 2 word”… but meaning is clean

Here 2 of (I think one of last kills on that Yak) Eremins kills, taken me from his memories.

Autumn 1944

Once S-E Kelze, W from Sandomir Platsdarm, we (Tzygankov, Vatagin, Kudryavtzev & me)had a aircombat with 4 Bf 109. They was in wide “right front formation”, & didn’t see us. We attacked from rear below (1/4), & burn one of them. Then, in Dogfight, I shot down another Bf 109.

Jan - Feb 1945

Once I flew a mission on cover of bridges N Budapesht, in Vatz area. With me were 3 pilots from 73th GvIAP. We have spotted 4 Fw190 over turn of Danube to S. Enemy’s altitude was below high mountains, & we had a problem 2 observe them. We intercepted them just over bridges near Vatz. I could damage one of them. He flew a long time, crossed Danube & hit the ground on the right coast of Danube.

Sorry 4 my spelling & grammar. I can understand all, but my Russian>English translation is not good.