View Single Post
Old 10th October 2016, 03:57
Alter Hase

edwest2 will become famous soon enoughedwest2 will become famous soon enough
Re: Japanase Fw 190 A-5

Thank you for the bio. I won't bore anyone with the size and scope of intelligence gathering operations and personnel in the European Theater and the Pacific. I am not an expert in all German documents but if this is an original Focke-Wulf document, a few things to consider: A) It had to be cleared after reading and classified, B) The Germans and Japanese had a program called Yanagi where technology and goods were traded or bought by either side during the war. As far as I know, all of this was done using submarines. C) Tons of original German documents ended up in the United States. D) If this document was microfilmed and the former owner was allowed to keep it, I'd like to see the cover and any indication that it was cleared for release to this person.

I'd like to add that some German documents can be viewed by the public at archives or other designated institutions. The fact is, there are still a substantial number of German documents that remain classified to this day. Their location is not known. I have read about "private collections" but cannot verify this. Yes, original photos and documents still turn up and this may be one of them. I don't know.

Ed