Thread: Anton Hackl
View Single Post
Old 10th December 2017, 09:18

Nick Hector will become famous soon enoughNick Hector will become famous soon enough
Re: Anton Hackl

Quote:
Originally Posted by PMoz99 View Post
Nick, if the claims are correct, then they were almost certainly in a D. JG26 converted to D's in Nov 1944, and their remaining A's were either lost in accidents or transferred out, probably early in December.

Getting back to Michael's question about JG300, Hackl was only credited with 1 kill with this unit - in Feb 1945.

There are only 5 JG300 kills recorded in Feb 1945 - the one to Hackl as a Stab pilot and 4 listing the pilot as unknown and simply stating the unit as JG300.

The uncertainty regarding the a/c Hackl was flying when he made that claim lies in online sources (no doubt one copied the other) stating that in the period Dec-Apr 1945, Stab JG300 had FW190A and Bf109G. The G's they had in Oct and Nov were G-14's. BUT the movement and on-hand info only lists FW190A in Dec 1944. Unfortunately, there is no more detailed info after that, so if Stab JG300 did indeed get more Bf109G's in 1945, we have no idea when or how many. Note Hackl was GeK from 30 Jan to 20 Feb only.

Lexikon der Wehrmacht states I and III Gruppen had Bf109G, Stab and II FW190A, but doesn't say if this was for the whole of its existence, at inception, or whenever.

That does not rule out the possibility that he simply commandeered a Bf109G from one of the Gruppen whenever he felt like it.

Does anyone have the 2 JG300 volumes by Lorant and Goyat? Maybe the answer is there.

Peter
I have the Lorant and Goyat volumes - he gets the very briefest of mentions in them and there's definitely nothing to answer the original question in that sense.
I do definitely agree with your assertion that his claims with JG 26 that I listed were most likely made in a Dora. After all, if an Unteroffizier and a Feldwebel were KIA that day in Doras, then surely the Kommandeur would hardly be flying an older type Anton (that's my logic and I take it you agree). If you would like to view my copies of Lorant and Goyat, send me a PM