View Single Post
Old 14th July 2018, 19:52

NickM
Re: Heinz Marquardt and Kurt Tanzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johannes View Post
Hi Guys

Sorry Nick about the Hector, must have just caught your surname before typing.
I am flattered that a fifth volume would be well accepted. As I say John Foreman is seventy-six now and doesn't feel he can squeeze a fifth volume out of himself(certainly not at the moment), but given time and a little coaching I might be able to manage it.
Personally I spent thirty-six year collating the information prior to publication, and worked with John for fifteen years on it, I would send him hundreds if not thousands of amendments/corrections over this period. So for fifteen years I came home from work did some rowing(1000 km per year), ate whilst still sweating, and researched until sleep time, up in the early hours to do more research, before going to work.

Basically I am for the small scoring pilots, so I would personally like to publish additions/amendments to volume one to four aces, I have collated a lot of information not on the mikrofilms since publication, especially 1945. Also would like to do a section on new aces know to me, a section on possible aces i.e not five confirmed claims, but five plus possible, a list of ALL known claimers to myself......some 7600 pilots totalling 66600 confirmed claims. I have just worked on an article with Erik Mombeek about the "points system" and how a claim was actually made paperwork wise and think a section on this may be helpful, this article with Erik also dwelled upon rudder markings and there differing types.
I have had so much help, especially since publication by so many enlightening people who all have my most sincere thanks.

Kind Regards

Johannes

It's occurred to me that men like You, John Foreman and Chris Shores are getting 'up there, in years'. What will happen to all those projects when they all get too old to work or worse, pass beyond the veil? Do they and You have younger researchers helping on book projects who can step in & finish the work and 'carry on' the research?

NM