View Single Post
Old 1st October 2018, 11:12

Xerumbe is on a distinguished road
Re: JGr. 200 (Pictorial)

Thank you for your messages.

To answer Nick, I'll introduce the book.

We (my wife and I) make a historical book about aviation during the Second World War in our region (Auvergne-Rhône-Alpes, France). We work from the archives of the countries and departments concerned as well as on the basis of an important bibliography. The book will be decorated with testimonials, unpublished period photographs, illustrations, original maps made by computer graphics and plane profiles. The book is punctuated with full-page illustrations by Mr Julien Camp.
We give the views of all belligerents - Allies and Axis Powers - and focus on the men and women, both military and civilian, actors of this period: pilots, aircrew, witnesses and resistant.

how many pages: ≠ 500
when it might be published: when we will find a publisher. The publishers will be solicited very soon when the book is finished.
where did you find information about this unit? The book is not intended to tell the story of the JGr 200 but this unit is a key player of the year 1944 for the area studied.

We have twice traveled to the German archives and have priceless correspondents who help us find information. Nevertheless, this unit remains known mainly through its adversaries, testimonies of civilians and wrecks found on the airfields.We also have the help of a local historian (Mr Paul Mathevet) who has spent part of his life investigating this unit.

We have created a website to present our work. The articles that you will read on this site are related to facts related to the work but which will not appear in - minor facts, particular theme or out of regional framework: https://guerretombeeduciel.businessc...com/index.html

I hope I have answered your questions properly.

Thanks for your help.