View Single Post
Old 10th November 2019, 09:18

bearoutwest is on a distinguished road
Catalina Chronicle by David Vincent

Hi all,

The idea of re-printing David Vincent's book "Catalina Chronicle" was mentioned in the thread on RAAF Black Cats, linked below:
http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showth...t=55269&page=2

This is what I mentioned then:
"As an aside, as part of the enjoyable rambling aviation/seaplanes phone conversation with the RCMPA president (he answered the phone), I highlighted the apparent interest people have in the "Catalina Chronicles" book by David Vincent. RCMPA are looking into the possibilities of arranging for it to be re-printed. (Though, don't hold your breathe, as it may be a long winded process getting the appropriate authorization to re-print.) Will report if/when any further developments occur."

Since then, a great deal has happened quickly. The Rathmines-Catalina people have been in contact with David Vincent (BTW, he recently - a few years ago - released his two book series on the RAAF Hudson Story). It was suggested that the first step would be to gain a better idea of how much "real" interest there is from people wanting to buy a copy, so to that end I will ask the question here.

How many of you would be interested in purchasing a reprint copy of "Catalina Chronicles" by David Vincent? For discussion purposes - let's say the price is AUD 50.00 - not including postage. The final cost will be subject to confirmation once the estimate of numbers is better known, and more detailed discussion can be had as to what sort of re-print paper-book format.

If you are interested, please send an e-mail in response to:
Mr Bill Anderson
President of the Rathmines Catalina Memorial Park Association (RCMPA);
e-mail: president@rathmines-catalina.com

Or follow the contact details on the RCMPA web-page:
https://rathmines-catalina.com/

I would advise NOT to send any money, as this is still early in the discussion, but please contact Bill Anderson to register your interest.

Regards,
...geoff

(Hopefully, this does not transgress any forum rules of use.)