View Single Post
Old 28th December 2019, 12:54
Alter Hase

John Vasco will become famous soon enough
Re: Me 110 losses on 7 September 1940 - circumstances

Franek,
You must understand that the role of the crash investigators was to gather intelligence on what came to earth. They had a set of 'pointers' issued by A.I.1.(g), which guided them through what information to gather - this information was then telephoned through to RAF Intelligence HQ. You can see the 'Form C' that they had to follow on page 259 of 'Luftwaffe Crash Archive Volume 3' by Red Kite. I can scan the page and post it up her for you if you wish. The crash investigators concentrated on markings (to identify the unit), armament (to possibly identify new equipment), combat damage, internal equipment, and so on. They did not concern themselves with the minute details of the combat - that would possibly come later if the crew survived into captivity.

As for A2+NH, it is stated that it 'exploded in mid-air and wreckage scattered over a wide area, with the crew being blown out they were unable to deploy their parachutes'. Have not come across anything regarding any Bf 110 crewman being shot in his parachute for this action. Perhaps you could provide the source?

Splinter Live at The Cavern, November 2006: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GxOCksQUKbI

Danke schön, Dank schön ich bin ganz comfortable!