View Single Post
Old 19th July 2020, 17:41
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: Photos Germania B

Sorry Clint

Wasn't specific enough. When talking about Marine Bestellnummer 198 I was talking about their seaplane orders and not their land planes. If you look at that you will find only a Curtiss aircraft (No 187) while all other numbers between 121 - 200 were either unassigned or unknown.

Unfortunately I don't have the Germania book you mention. Must have missed that one. Thus I don't know what you are talking about when you refer to passages in that book. Is it still available?

I believe I sent you the LF list by Grosz, didn't I? In that list I can only find three Rathjen/Germania B-types (LF 197-199), all accepted between 19-26 March 1916. From where does Düsing get his fourth?
I know the Grosz list has a few gaps (type unknown) such as LF 175, 177 and 209, so not impossible it could be one of those.
I have actually located a photo of LF.198 and I must say both the colour and size of the serial number fits the photo on sale.
The caption actually says five B-types saw naval service. Very confusing since only three serials are known....

I think you can forget this being an Army aircraft. Their slash would have been visible, don't you think?

Cheers
Stig