View Single Post
Old 27th December 2020, 20:20
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Re: Photo Morane Saulnier

Hi Stig,

I had indeed already looked and indeed the location of both photographs is the same place. No surprise there.You would expect both machines to be constructed at the same location and lined up for a photo session upon completion.

You reference the latest french expertise, so clearly you've read something post Soltan and Davilla that I haven't - would you care to reveal the work in question please.

The airframe we're looking at looks identical to that of the Type S MS.625, but the engines are different. Are they 300 hp Panhard?. I don't know. If indeed Panhard 300 hp were used on the Type X (and the tailplane is very suggestive that we are looking at a Type X)? Does anything else that used that engine spring to mind.?

Edit

Actually as far as the aircraft in the photo is concerned, the 300 hp Panahard must be a red herring . The aircraft in the photo is clearly powered by two seperate engines. Rather than one located in the fuselage. I don't know what type they are though. But clearly different from those used on the Type S .

Regards,

Clint