View Single Post
Old 7th February 2021, 22:24
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Re: German Photo Album

Hi Stig,

I think you're probably correct and I may have been too hasty. Certainly, as you state much of the written data supports FA(A) 287b.

I completely agree with you on the photos. As I mentioned earlier the only ones that were completely unfamiliar were those of the Nieuport.My major concern is that of the German aircraft with identifiable serials, all have I believe been seen before, though the quality is generally pretty reasonable here. I guess the album was assembled at the time, but perhaps using post card photos that were more widely spread now than then.A case in point in the Albatros C.I C.523/15 which I'm fairly certain I've posted here before, logically under the thread for that aircraft and I believe the machine was identified as belonging to Artillerie Fliegerschule Ost, while the Fokker E.IV belong to Wilhelm Frankl while with KEK Vaux.I've enjoyed looking through the album, but in retrospect more new stuff would have been nice.

Oh, and one I could use your assistance with. What is the full serial of the Sopwith on its nose, partial serial B*824 ?

Regards,

Clint

Last edited by musec04; 7th February 2021 at 23:10.