View Single Post
Old 3rd May 2023, 13:15

schwarze-man is on a distinguished road
Re: Turbo/Supercharger Compressors and Turbines for Aircraft Propulsion in WWII

Hi Everyone,

I just wanted to refresh the information about this great book by Calum Douglas. Surprisingly to me, this book has had low sales, mainly due to the price. However, for any serious study of Second World War Aero Engines, this book is essential. My own view of this book is that it takes over from Calum's previous volume, The Secret Horsepower Race, leading on to explain the detail of Supercharging. The information in this book gives the reader insight at a level that was used by the engine designers at the time. To a modern engine designer, the information is also essential. There is some mathematics, but where it comes down to the explanations, these are clear and very well written.
Overall, I have found this book to be as groundbreaking as Calum's previous work. Having studied Turbo/Supercharger Compressors and Turbines I am now able to understand the design of these engines at a much deeper level.
So, if you do want to know more about this subject, there is no better way than investing in this great book. The price is not cheap but, it is cheap at the price! Treat yourself to a seriously great book!

SM