View Single Post
Old 5th May 2023, 10:02

schwarze-man is on a distinguished road
Re: Turbo/Supercharger Compressors and Turbines for Aircraft Propulsion in WWII

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jukka Juutinen View Post
Schwarze-man, I am definitely very interested in the topic. And I am willing to pay substantial amounts of money for books. For example,late last year I paid some 115 euros for the Boelcke book by Lance Bronnenkant. But it is a book with proper sewn binding, nearly 900 large-format pages and good quality paper. And this was by a publisher that relies on sales to survive and its print run was in 3 figures, i.e. far fewer than Calum's Secret Horsepower Race. ASME probably does not rely on sales profits for its existence.
Hi Jukka,

Yes, I am with you about this and so is Calum. This price is high because the publishers view the content as a technical publication that has very low sales prospects. However, what I am saying is that for those with a high interest in the subject, this book is very important and, I am trying to pass that info on to interested members to help.
Relative value is always subjective. To me, this book is in a class of it's own, it is like a personal copy of Mercedes-Benz top designer briefing, which is what it is!
Your Boelcke book sounds exquisite, I have some leather-bound books and they are good. However, TSCT has the best content for me, for the content and and information I would buy it in paperback if I had to!
Best Wishes,

SM