View Single Post
Old 27th October 2023, 10:08

Courtois Laurent is on a distinguished road
Re: Loss of Günther Schell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leo Etgen View Post
Hello Nokose

Many thanks for looking up about Weismann. I looked through Pawel Burchard's excellent website and found no other losses for JG 51 or JG 54 that were due to a collision aside of Scheel's on either 14 July or 16 July 1943.

Stab and Stabsstaffel/JG 51

14/7/1943 Fw 190A-5 W.Nr. 1189 Stabsstaffel J.G. 51
Sauber, Uffz. Robert -- gefallen
Luftkampf, Pl.Qu. 54575, south of Uljanowo 100% F

I hope that all is well with you.

Horrido!

Leo
Hello :

Pl.Qu. 54575, is not precisely the south of Uljanowo, its 40 km SSW of Ulianovo and 30 km NNO of Karatchev (Karatschew).
Forward that Krapiwna, is unmoveable to talk about "South of Uljanowo.
We must limit the " Raum von Uljanowo" in the space between the rivers Jizdr (north), Resseta ((west) Resseta (east) and in the south by the axis Ktsyn' - Yagodnïa).

Further on, it's another world.

I am posting because I have just spent quite a long time looking for several sources to resolve this imprecision, when identifying the victories of the 1st Soviet Air Army.

The General Stab reports are already quite imprecise in terms of toponymy (transcription errors on maps, transcription errors by secretaries, ignorance of the very high rate of topographical homonyny in Russia), without adding false information.

On the original document (RL_2_III_1191p.100, n°29), it is written:
07/14/43 – Stab./J.G.51 – Pl.Qu. 54575 (12 km NNW Karatschew) – nicht gemeldet – FW 190 A5 n° 1189 – 100% – Ufz Sauber.

Who is the criminal who added "south of Uljanowo" which becomes for example on KLA (kracker Luftwaffe archive), only "south Uljanowo!

https://aircrewremembered.com/Kracke...rch_type=exact

Have a Pl. Qu. is fortunate because it is unambiguous, a toponym is equivocal due to Russian topographical homonyms, a direction is hell...