View Single Post
Old 21st November 2023, 18:06
Alter Hase

Franek Grabowski is on a distinguished road
Re: Rüdiger von Kirchmayr

Hi
Thanks, that is what I have thought.
Well, sometimes, given there is sufficient information, there is a logical explanation. Here, in this case, I would gladly accept, that a number of pilots rushed against single aircraft, actually achieving shared victories. There are some striking similarities. Nonetheless I cannot explain the fact, vK reported two downed aircraft in similar circumstances as reported by Allied pilots, but there is a discrepancy that I cannot explain in the loss list.
Aside, S/L Pisarek's guncam film survivies, and it clearly shows a 109E attacked from a close distance, despite 109F being filed in documents.
Regarding German claims, this perfectly shows a big problem with them. In most cases they lack place, so it is not possible to sort them out between the raids and compare to Allied data. Lack of narratives does not help as well.
Regarding Surma's report, well there is a question against whom he fought in the first place as we know JFS 5 flew 109Es. Was JG 2 involved as well? Was it due to skills of pilots or perhaps there was a modification introduced to German aircraft, giving them more power? Such comments are doubtless interesting, but it is hard to draw conclusions. I recall a report, where pilot stated that it is easy to catch Fw 190 in a dive. Something completely contradictory to what we are used to.
Franek