View Single Post
Old 16th December 2023, 01:33
Alter Hase

RSwank is on a distinguished road
Re: looking for contacts of the families of the crew of a B-17

I received this from Maryanna Jenkins Weeks:

I received your letter yesterday about the 2024 Commemoration of the B-17 shot down in June 1944 near Toulouse, France. My father was crew member Sgt. Frank Erwin Jenkins. Yes, I am very much interested in this project and whatever information is available!!! I might be able to travel to the ceremony next June.
My parents were divorced when I was young, but I did have a visit with him in 1970 where he told me some about his plane being shot down, French farmers holding pitchforks on him until the Germans picked him up and his time in a POW camp. He died in 1973 and later I received some of his effects including his original WWII German prison camp record and purple heart. His ankle was broken when he landed after parachuting out of the plane.
Thank you very much for finding and contacting me! I am an avid genealogy researcher myself and look forward to learning more about this event and possibly more about my father. The link about the 2001 commemoration was very interesting and informative!

maryannaweeks at comcast dot net

She included the first page of her father's POW record. I will put it on my Google Drive
and provide a link in a day or so.

Last edited by RSwank; 16th December 2023 at 02:08.