View Single Post
Old 31st December 2023, 23:22

Kapper is on a distinguished road
Re: Certain Staffelkapitän

Johannes

I’m sure you would be aware that Theo Boiten in his Nachtjagd War Diaries books has done serious work on identifying claimants and victims for the night fighter claims.

Please note that below I’m comparing from his first edition which I have recorded in my notes – I don’t have his latest edition – maybe someone with the latest books can check for any updates.

For the claims mentioned Theo has the following:

NJG 101

17.04.43 Halifax at 00.30hrs - Oblt Jakob Bender.
- could Lt Bock be a mix up with the claim at 01.44hr which is to Ltn Heinz Bock.
(Both these claims you had already listed in your spreadsheet you sent to me some time back – could be another senior moment?)

06.09.43 B-17 at 11.15hrs – Uffz Theodore Koeth
- I have no other information on this person!

14.10.43 B-17 at 15.15hrs – Hptm Harald Renner
- I have no other information on this person but fits in with your interpretation of the files.

14.10.43 B-17 at 15.45hrs – Uffz Herbert Tachezy
- maybe another of your senior moments – this fits in with what you listed in your previously mentioned spreadsheet!

19.10.43 Lancaster at 21.00hrs – Fw Lerbs?
- looks like Theo was unsure on this one and still a mystery

21.10.44 2xP-51s 14.30hr – (Uffz Ragmowski)
- nothing in my notes – my books are in storage therefore still a mystery

NJGr 10

31.03.44 4-eng 01.05hrs –
Tony woods had Uffz Brandt and I have no note on Theo’s work so looks like a mystery until now. Uffz Helmut Pleines seem to fit into what you and John are saying so looks like mystery solved.

19.07.44 Mosquito 01.58hrs –
- as above I have no notes on Theo’s work on this one but Tony Woods also suggest Wittmann? I have no information on Wittmann, however I believe this person would be a pilot since 1./NJGr 10 flew Fw190s and Bf 109s, 2 & 3./NJGr 10 flew multi-crewed aircraft.

As I said earlier, Theo may have updates in his latest work but unfortunately I don’t have these books.

Regards,

Craig...