View Single Post
Old 6th January 2024, 03:01

Andrey Kuznetsov is on a distinguished road
Re: US Strategic Bombing Survey No59 - a questionable statement about 1-seat fighters production

Quote:
Of course, Mr. Kuznetsov will not acknowledge that the Luftwaffe flew more sorties in the East than elsewhere in 1944-45 because it was largely suppressed by Allied air power in the West and Mediterranean. This general pattern was established significantly earlier than 1944, of course
In the first two years, the Luftwaffe was not suppressed in the West, and did most of the sorties in the East. The next two years, the Luftwaffe was suppressed in the West, and again most of the sorties were in the East. OK

In order not to litter this thread with messages unrelated to USSBS-59, I opened a new thread about combat sorties ratio West:East. It is an interesting question that requires research and reflection.
http://forum.12oclockhigh.net/showthread.php?t=64501

Quote:
We all know why the Luftwaffe stopped almost all daylight bomber sorties over Britain in 1940.
This does credit to the British Air Defense and to Fighter Command.
But in the Mediterranean the bombers and Ju87 continued daylight combat sorties at least until November 1943.

I don't want to continue the unprovoked offtop. The only thing I wonder is where Mr.DanHistory found examples of my "bilious hatred of the West and Ukraine."