View Single Post
Old 20th March 2024, 19:17
Alter Hase

musec04 is on a distinguished road
Re: Italian Aviation in the First World War

Stig,

If you do go ahead and buy a copy, I'd be very interested in a view from yourself with regards to the number of new photos both with regard to the Italian original and more broadly. Looking at the Amazon page I linked to,the written content in so far as it is possible to judge from just the contents list for the five volumes doesn't at least appear to vary much,but again if there is much new material, obviously it might twist my arm towards buying.

Edward,

I like the Fighter aces book. Not sure if you've checked out the content,but the format after the introduction,which contains among other things, very brief histories of the Italian fighter squadrons, is pretty uniform with each ace having a few pages of biography and tables showing details for the aircraft in which he achieved his victories and the enemy aircraft he shot down as well as the time & place.As a person interested particularly in serials, I might wish that more serials were known for the Italian aircraft,the aircraft they shot down is slighly better.But at least a starting point is provided.All of the preceding is accompanied by nice large photos of the Italian fighter aircraft for each ace.The book is rounded off by the colour profiles section. So what are you looking for in a book with this title?

Regards,

Clint