View Single Post
Old 30th April 2024, 13:32

Tony Kambic will become famous soon enough
Re: Pierre Clostermann -- Loved to fish?

Adriano,

Thanks for the reply. I never knew this.

So we're vacationing in Florida, and had lunch with our neighbor and her brother. They were born and raised in Pompano Beach Florida, where their father ran one of the first large fishing boats taking anglers out in the ocean for big fish.

This brother turns out became a helo pilot and served 2 years in Vietnam flying the OH-13, which is the US Army designation for the Bell 47 'Mash' type helo. He was wounded 4 times, the last one being sent back to the US for recovery.

He then returned to fishing. He traveled the Atlantic for fishing, and as a fishing captain, liked the waters off the Ivory Coast in Africa. He said there were lots of large Marlins there.

He befriended a French Politician who loved to fish, who he tells me that I may have heard of, a Pierre Clostermann.

I couldn't believe it. He said he became good friends with Pierre and they fished off Brazil also.

I asked him if he told him any stories, and he said a few here and there. He said Pierre was wounded fighting in the Algerian conflict, shot in the leg.

He said he has 2 signed copies of 'The Big Show'. Wanted to ask if he wants to sell one, but that will be at another time.

Tony