View Single Post
Old 13th March 2005, 17:42

marsyao
Re: Erich Hartmann: 352 victories or... 80?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dénes Bernád
Today I flicked through the latest issue of Le Fana de l'Aviation (Febr. 2005).
The feature article, titled: 'Erich Hartmann: 352 victories or... 80?', written by a Russian researcher, Dmitry Khazanov, deals with the air victory claims of the top fighter ace of all times.
I did not have a chance to read much of the article, but based on the title, the Russian writer doubts the veradicity of most of Hartmann's victory claims.

I would like to hear from someone, who has read the article and the conclusion drawn by the author.

Dénes
I am very interesting in this article, feel so sorry that I could not read Russian, my opnion is that every fighter pilots overclaimed, Hartmann was no exception, if we accept the reseanable 2:1 overcliamed rate, the real Hartmann's "kills" would be 180-200, that would not surprised me, but 80 ? that was unbelieveble, that was almost equal to claim that Hartmann was a deliberatly liar, dose Mr Khazanov have any reall evidence to support his claim ? Or is this article just another propaganda ? What is Mr Khazanov's reputation in the historay research area ?