View Single Post
Old 5th February 2007, 20:16
Alter Hase

Andreas Brekken is on a distinguished road
Re: SG 4 losses 26.12.1944

Hi, Pawel.

Great info, and I stand corrected (which is great when something new can be learned!)

OK, so for III./S.G.4 we have the following:

One aircraft category 1 (Missing due to enemy action). This is then Zumkeller.

One aircraft category 21 (Damaged without enemy action on operational flight). I think they listed the damage to Weist aircraft in this category, as the aircraft was damaged bei so-called Bodenberührung the GenQu6Abt would rate is as not infolcted by enemy action. (in this case questionable if you read the entire report, but nonetheless the probable action by the statistics office)

One aircraft category 23 (Damaged without enemy action on non-operational flight). Not in this list, and probably a landing/take-off accident or similar during a transfer flight or something like that later on in the day.

The damage to Fw. Tschöp aircraft is probably judged to be below 10%, and thus not reported to the GenQu6Abt at all.

Pawel, I have entered all S.G.4 losses in the Summarische Verlustemeldungen into the database, and it would be highly interesting to compare this to any further information like this you might have. Pleas contact me by PM.

Best regards,
Andreas B