View Single Post
Old 25th November 2008, 19:22

Richard T. Eger is an unknown quantity at this point
Re: Luftwaffe Archives and Records Group (LWAG) website possibly going down

Dear All,

Thank you for your support. To be honest, I'm absolutely not a software expert. I have relied upon the advice of the site's software guru. I do know that the site somehow goes through his server to the server at 24hostingnow. At one point, it was suggested to me by 24hostingnow that updating the software would be a good idea, but that this should be coordinated with the site's software guru. I believe what he has done is to add special features to the basic vBulletin software, including the site's logo in the upper left corner and security features intended to ward off spammers.

After 3 successive years of attacks by the spammer, my guru has stated that he is too busy to help. I haven't been able to get a reply from him in over a month, so he may have blocked any communication from me. It is really an intolerable situation for me.

After posting my message here, I did finally get a reply from 24hostingnow, probably as a result of my going to the U.S. company they use to handle billing, 2checkout.com. At the moment, they are actively trying to fix the problems. Whether they are smart enough to do so is really up in the air, as I am also getting tired of trying to explain things to them that they are having a hard time grasping.

I haven't a clue myself as to how to store the site. I do have a repair shop that might know.

Recognize that I am a provider of information, not a software expert, and thus must rely on those that are. In essence, I drive the car, but I don't know how to repair it.

Regards,
Richard