View Single Post
Old 6th January 2010, 19:37

Andy Mitchell will become famous soon enoughAndy Mitchell will become famous soon enough
Re: LuftwaffeData Wiki

Guys,

Greetings from a snowy and cold UK - fortunately I am on annual leave so ridiculous journeys to and from work have not had to be made (yet...).

A further, overdue, update on the wiki

Glossary - Now contains well over 1000 entries.

Airfields - more entries added, now over 100 airfields referenced, with many, many, more to go. Will also add Tatoi and Eleusis in the near future.

Place Names - new page added (today) - This page will contain links to documents relating to German Place Names for towns, and topographical features, that were:-

1. Originally German and now located in other countries. e.g. Poland.

Or

2. Related to German minorities located in other sovereign nations.

Or

3. German Names for towns etc in occupied territory.

Documents

The first document, in the form of a filtered spreadsheet, describes the Place Names of territory given up by Germany following defeat in 1945. This principally deals with towns in East Prussia, Brandenburg, Silesia, Poznan, Pomerania and West Prussia.
More items will be added in the future.

Navigation Aids - page/section added a short while ago to showcase the work of Ronald van Riet covering the Knemeyer Dreieckrechner, the British Bygrave Position Line Slide Rule and its German descendants HR1, MHR1 and HR2 used during WWII.

Downloads - this contains all of the old items and still has Andy Fletcher's magnificent DKiG database, together with additional links to Ronald's navigation aids.

Lastly, an appeal - over the last few years contributions, in the form of articles and editing, have been provided by a number of generous individuals, but....
Help is always needed for the following sections - Unit Histories, Operations, Glossary, Airfileds and Place Names.(Please PM me if you are interested)
Also, if anyone has any articles that they feel would sit well on the Wiki please contact me.

Many thanks

Andy Mitchell

LuftwaffeData Wiki including the history of Aufklgr. 122