View Single Post
Old 17th June 2018, 23:29
Alter Hase

Stig Jarlevik will become famous soon enough
Re: Unit code for SAGr 127

Gerhard

I don't believe Bo had access to any of the records you and others have access to now, hence my opinion that he added 3./SAGr 127 since the letter L corresponded with what he knew at the time. If SAGr 127 is mentioned in the Archives as such, I don't know, but it feels likely.

Since, by the time the three aircraft escaped, there were no longer any 2. or 3. Staffeln remaining (as per your own statement), it seems a bit silly to me that the escapees should have stated they belonged to this 3.Staffel, so I doubt that information is to be found in the War Archives. On the other hand it cannot be entirely ruled out that the escapees were former crews from the 3.Staffel and may in such a case have mentioned this particular Staffel during interogation. But I am now more and more moving over to guesswork, and that is rather pontless, as I see it. I have already changed the unit listed to 1./SAGr 127 in his book.

I have not located any relevant photo of the three aircraft confirming their given codes, but I am convinced the codes stated were noted down by Swedish personal correctly at the time.

Cheers
Stig