Old 29th September 2016, 19:39
Awaiting Confirmation

Flavio
Re: Saburo Sakai

Quote:
Originally Posted by focusfocus View Post
hello Mars

thank you for your explanation.I am half convinced but it's me

just a question for all on this forum: the historic truth,we just forget?why not,in this case it's necessary to say to Chistopher Shores for exemple not to write any more his exellents books,because some on this forum seem to think that the historic truth have no importance
it's not my idea.

for others as me,send your address e-mails,I would send you details of kills/losses of the Tainan Kokutai and after each can drawn his conclusions.

besr regards to all
focusfocus,
you are right, we have to follow the historic truth.

Any way if you have a revisited a score you can compare it only with another revisited. Does make sense compare Sakai's 4 with Kozhedub's 64 or Hartmann's 352 or Bong's 40? The problem is that it is impossible to clear 100% official scores from overclaiming. Even the excellent works by Shores are not able; comparing claims to real losses gives you just an idea of the amount of the overclaiming but facing off dogfights with dozens of pilots involved and dozens of claimings who knows exactly the pilot that really shoot down an enemy plane? There are exceptions of course, but reconstruction with 100% of authenticity is impossible.

Flavio