View Single Post
Old 16th May 2012, 00:00

Paul Thompson is on a distinguished road
Re: Hooton's Luftwaffe Loss Totals - request for clarification

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Beale View Post
The IWM has a website, so you could contact them and ask about Duxford. I've only ever written to the AHB, so I can't answer your question. I don't quite see why either would be preferable to visiting the Archives at Kew (unless you live near Duxford). Kew has the advantage of being purpose-built for researchers.
Nick, I am sorry for not making my meaning clear. The reason I mentioned Duxford and AHB is that I was considering the possibility that the documents in question are only available at one of those two locations, rather than Kew. I would much prefer to visit a London location, so perhaps I am inventing problems for myself!

Quite apart from the documents mentioned by Artie Bob, I was thinking specifically of Hooton's reference to the following: RAF Air Staff Post-Hostilities Studies, Book 21: "Luftwaffe Activity I" (IWM AHB 6, Tin 192, frame 1071-85). I seem to remember that this document, or book, is meant to be at Duxford. I'll check Hooton again tomorrow, the present description is from this link:
http://forum.axishistory.com/viewtop...7ac8c#p1434579

Have you ever come across the above source? AHB 6 should be the translated documents, but I have never come across an "IWM AHB" reference.